Tittle & Perlmuter – Experienced Cleveland Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Bicycling can be a fun, family activity or a route to a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately, it can also be dangerous. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS), in 2013, 2 percent of motor vehicle crash deaths were bicyclists, totaling roughly 741 bicyclists, while 48,000 were injured. If a negligent driver hit you or a loved one while you were on a bike, the Cleveland bicycle accident lawyers at Tittle & Perlmuter can help.
How Can Tittle & Perlmuter Help Victims of Car Accidents
When Tittle & Perlmuter takes on a case, they investigate thoroughly. This includes the following:
- Our bicycle accident attorney will look into the facts of your case, including all documentation such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records. Additionally, your medical bills will be gathered in order to calculate your damages.
- Once the attorney determines the facts of the accident, all avenues for compensation will be explored. Potential sources of compensation are the negligent driver’s car insurance, potentially the negligent driver’s current employer (if applicable), and/or the city’s insurer if the roadways were kept in utter disrepair and if the city had notice of that condition.
- Your lawyer will negotiate with all involved insurance companies on your behalf in an attempt to obtain a fair settlement.
- If a fair settlement is not reached, a lawsuit will be filed.
- If a recovery is made, any liens, including health insurance liens, will be negotiated.
Our bicycle accident lawyers have the experience you need to protect your rights. Let us worry about the details of your case and fight for the compensation you deserve. You focus on getting better.
Common Types and Causes of Bicycle Crashes
The bicycle accident lawyers at Tittle & Perlmuter have handled numerous bicycle accident cases in Cleveland and Ohio in general. We have the know what steps to take to safeguard your rights and achieve maximum recovery for your injury.
We handle all types of bike accident cases, including the following:
- Bike lane violations
- “Dooring accidents,” which occurs when a person in a car opens a car door into the path of an oncoming bicycle.
- Failure to yield right of way
- Crowding a bicycle off the shoulder of the road
- Intersection violations, including rolling stops
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Motorist hitting a cyclist through sideswipe or rear collision
- Motorist turning right in front of a shouldered cyclist
- Motorist turning left in front of an oncoming cyclist
Call Tittle & Perlmuter Today for a Free Consultation
An injury in a bicycle accident is a serious matter. We are ready to listen to the facts of your case and advise on the best course of action. For a free consultation, call 216-308-1522 now or fill out our online contact form. We will respond promptly. We can arrange evening and weekend appointments, and we can come to you.