Experienced Cleveland Bicycle Accident Lawyers Fighting For The Victims
Bicycling can be a fun, family activity or a route to a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately, it can also be dangerous. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS), in 2013, 2 percent of motor vehicle crash deaths were bicyclists, totaling roughly 741 bicyclists, while 48,000 were injured. If a negligent driver hit you or a loved one while you were on a bike, the Cleveland bicycle accident lawyers at Tittle & Perlmuter can help.
Caption: Hey folks, Allen Tittle here- Cleveland’s personal injury lawyer. It’s summertime, people are feeling good- they want to get outdoors. So what do they do? They jump on their bike for a bike ride. But what happens when a car hits you while you’re on your bike? Folks, that’s where a personal injury lawyer can step in. I handle bike crashes all the time and what I notice is that very catastrophic injuries occur as a result of bike crashes. The most common type of bike crashes that I see here in the office are a few. Number one, a dooring type of crash. What that means is, you’re zooming along on your bike and someone opens up their car door into the road and hits you with the car door- knocks you off the bike. Folks, I’ve seen cases where individuals were diagnosed with a brain injury as a result of a dooring crash. There are also obvious type crashes that involve bikes. Distracted driving, drunk driving, texting while driving. All these things can result in bike crashes. But let’s not forget just the most simple things- cars not yielding to the right away of bikes. Folks, bikes have the right to be in the road just like any car. Even if you may be driving in your car and you might get frustrated because that bike is taking just a little too much time, please take a breath. Be conscious that that bicyclist has just as much of a right to be on the road as you do. So folks, if you or a loved one has been in a bike crash, please give me a call or visit our website. Let me know how I can help you. Thank you, take care!
How Can Tittle & Perlmuter Help Victims of Bicycle Accidents
When Tittle & Perlmuter takes on a case, they investigate thoroughly. This includes the following:
- Our bicycle accident attorney will look into the facts of your case, including all documentation such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records. Additionally, we will gather your medical bills in order to calculate your damages.
- Once the attorney determines the facts of the accident, they will explore all avenues of compensation. Potential sources of compensation are the negligent driver’s car insurance, potentially the negligent driver’s current employer (if applicable), and/or the city’s insurer if the roadways were kept in utter disrepair and if the city had notice of that condition.
- Your lawyer will negotiate with all involved insurance companies on your behalf in an attempt to obtain a fair settlement.
- If we cannot come to a fair settlement with the opposing party, we will file a lawsuit.
- We will negotiate liens in the event of a disbursement. This includes liens from health insurance companies.
Our bicycle accident lawyers have the experience you need to protect your rights. Let us worry about the details of your case and fight for the compensation you deserve. You focus on getting better.
Common Types and Causes of Bicycle Crashes
The bicycle accident lawyers at Tittle & Perlmuter have handled numerous bicycle accident cases in Cleveland and Ohio in general. We have the know what steps to take to safeguard your rights and achieve maximum recovery for your injury.
We handle all types of bike accident cases, including the following:
- Bike lane violations
- “Dooring accidents,” which occurs when a person in a car opens a car door into the path of an oncoming bicycle.
- Failure to yield right of way
- Crowding a bicycle off the shoulder of the road
- Intersection violations, including rolling stops
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Motorist hitting a cyclist through sideswipe or rear collision
- Vehicle turning right in front of a shouldered cyclist
- Motorist turning left in front of an oncoming cyclist
Call Tittle & Perlmuter Today for a Free Consultation
An injury in a bicycle accident is a serious matter. We are ready to listen to the facts of your case and advise on the best course of action. For a free consultation, call 216-285-9991 now or fill out our online contact form. We will respond promptly. We can arrange evening and weekend appointments, and we can come to you.