Experienced Cleveland Boating Accident Lawyers – Tittle & Perlmuter
Boating is one of our favorite pastimes. Whether it be a cruise on Lake Erie, a trip to Put-in-Bay or Kelleys Island, or fishing trip on any number of Clevelands’s rivers or lakes, boating is enjoyable for the whole family. However, boating can be dangerous. According to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Watercraft, in 2014 22 people died as a result of a boating accident. Statewide, there were 1,311 boating accidents resulting in 43 injuries.
The boating accident attorneys at Tittle & Perlmuter have the knowledge and experience to prosecute claims for injuries that resulted from the negligence of others on Ohio’s waterways. When you or a loved one is injured or killed as a result of a boating accident, Tittle & Perlmuter is there to ensure you receive justice.
Common Causes of Boating Accidents
While alcohol, otherwise known as boating while intoxicated, causes a large number of boating accidents, there are a number of other causes of boating accidents as well. This is why is it important that the attorneys you hire to handle your case will carry out an in depth investigation as to the cause of the accident. The most frequent situations of where a boat operator may be negligent and, therefore, responsible for an occupant’s injury or injury to the occupant of another vessel include:
- Boating in restricted areas;
- Alcohol and drug impairment by operators;
- Negligent operation of a vessel;
- Faulty Safety equipment;
- Hitting a large wave or wake at an unsafe speed or angle;
- Ejections from the boat due to improper operation or navigation in heavy weather;
- Contact with propellers;
- Operating at a high speed;
- Failing to keep a lookout while a guest is skiing or tubing;
- Not knowing the navigational rules;
- Collisions with other watercraft;
- Defective boat construction or repair;
- Impacting a fixed object, such as a navigational aid, pier or bridge;
- Overcrowding & Overloading
Individuals injured due to the negligence of a boat operator may be entitled to compensation such as payment of medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering associated with the accident.
It is important that you contact an experienced and skilled boat accident attorney if you or a loved one were involved in a boating or personal watercraft accident – Tittle & Perlmuter will work for you to bring you the peace of mind you deserve.
How Can Tittle & Perlmuter Help Victims of Boating Accidents
Tittle & Perlmuter’s personal injury lawyer will handle all aspects of the case, including the steps necessary to file, pursue, and litigate a boating accident lawsuit. Tittle & Perlmuter wants their clients to focus on one thing, their recovery – let us worry about the rest.
Your attorney will also launch a thorough investigation and determine the most effective route to achieve justice on your behalf. This may include any of the following things:
- Perform comprehensive research on the history of the vessel and similar accidents in the area;
- Review the boating operator’s driving history and credentials;
- Determine the relevant sections of the applicable laws;
- Research applicable case law for similar cases;
- Investigate the scene of the accident or photographs
- Interview any witnesses to the accident;
- Order and review all related medical records and bills to gain knowledge of your injury;
- Consult with expert liability and medical experts to provide insight on your claim;
- Hire an expert to perform an accident reconstruction;
- Negotiate your claim with an insurance adjuster or defense attorney; or
- Try your case in front of a jury.
Our Cleveland boating accident attorneys are well versed in prosecuting boating accident claims. The personal injury attorneys at Tittle & Perlmuter have the experience, knowledge of the law, and familiarity with Ohio’s waterways to fight for justice on your behalf.
Reach Out Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one are a victim of boating accident, Tittle & Perlmuter will pursue a claim to help you receive the compensation you need and deserve. For a free consultation, call 216-308-1522 now or fill out our online contact form. We will respond promptly. We can arrange evening and weekend appointments and we can come to you.