The attorneys at Tittle & Perlmuter are actively investigating claims on behalf of individuals who have been injured due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Fourteen guests, including six children at an Ohio hotel were hospitalized due to a “life-threatening” carbon monoxide leak.
Police and fire authorities reported that seven people were transported to the hospital in critical condition and several others were hospitalized after suffering suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a Hampton Inn in Marysville, Ohio. Authorities first received a report of an unconscious 2-year-old child who was found in the water of the hotel pool. Following this initial report, dispatchers just outside of Columbus began receiving multiple calls about people unconscious in and around the hotel pool. These people experienced dizziness and a burning sensation in their throats. After suspecting carbon monoxide poisoning, the hotel was evacuated. The Marysville Police Chief reported that there were “life-threatening levels of carbon monoxide in the pool area”. Memorial Hospital in Marysville reported receiving 11 patients from the Hampton Inn, six of which were children. Seven people were transported to tertiary care facilities, two in critical condition.
At Tittle & Perlmuter, we continue to follow this story as it develops and wish nothing more than successful recoveries for the children and adults that were exposed.
Liability for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
When carbon monoxide poisoning is caused by the negligence of another individual or entity, our attorneys may be able to hold the parties involved legally responsible for medical bills and other damages resulting from the exposure. Common entities include business owners, employers, or product manufacturers.
If our attorneys believe you are suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, our team will explore a full investigation to determine the details behind your exposure. We will identify parties such as maintenance companies, property owners, or product manufacturers that may be liable for your injuries. We will also work with leading diagnostic experts who can help prove that your injuries are linked to carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you or a loved one are experiencing symptoms from carbon monoxide exposure or poisoning, our personal injury attorneys can help. Contact us for a free consultation and we can help you get the proper compensation you deserve for your suffering.
The Danger of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, and invisible gas that can have catastrophic injuries for those who are exposed. Carbon monoxide is commonly found in household devices powered by flame and gas. The most common devices include ranges, ovens, space heaters, and furnaces. Because carbon monoxide is invisible and difficult to detect, we must rely on carbon monoxide detectors to keep us safe. When these detectors do not work, are not properly maintained, or are not present, exposure can lead to poisoning and brain damage. Babies, young children, pregnant women, and people with heart or lung problems have the greatest risk of developing carbon monoxide poisoning. Extreme and long exposure can even lead to death.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms
Common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Mental confusion
- Loss of consciousness
- Blurred vision
- Low blood pressure
- Ataxia (uncoordinated movement)
- Malaise (discomfort or lack of well-being)
Tittle & Perlmuter is a Cleveland-based regional law firm that focuses on personal injury, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, and wage & hour litigation.