Experienced Car Accident Lawyers in Lakewood, OH
A car accident, especially one that causes injuries, is a scary experience. Not only that, but you have to deal with the aftermath as well. Depending on what happens, that might require getting your car fixed, getting medical treatment, or even contacting car accident lawyers.
Steps to Take After the Crash
What you do in the moments, hours, and days following a car accident can have a big impact on compensation. Here is a quick guide:
- Get Medical Attention – The most important thing after an accident is to survey injuries and get help. If you can move, get out of the roadway and call 911. Wait for an EMS to evaluate you and decide on the next course of action.
- Gather Information – If you’re able to move around the site without risking further injury, it is a good idea to get information from the driver who hit you. DO NOT discuss the facts of the accident. Instead, simply ask for insurance information and basics like name and address.
- Collect Evidence – Most of us have smartphones nowadays. If it’s safe, take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to the vehicles, and road conditions. This can be helpful later.
- Assist the Police with Their Report – The police should always be called to the scene of the accident, and it’s likely they’ll show up when call 911 for medical assistance. They will fill out a police report which will be crucial to your claim. In the report they will establish fault and record other details about the crash. This can be used later during a lawsuit if necessary. Be helpful and answer questions honestly and to the best of your ability.
- Contact Tittle & Perlmuter – The experienced Lakewood car accident lawyers at Tittle & Perlmuter can help ensure you get the compensation you’re owed. Don’t talk to the other driver’s insurance company until you talk to us.
Compensation from Car Accidents
The Lakewood car accident lawyers at Tittle & Perlmuter understand the full scope of car accident claims. There is much more to the case than medical bills and damage to the vehicle. When calculating a fair amount for the settlement, your attorney will include:
- Medical Bills – Past, Current, and Future
- Pain and Suffering – Prolonged pain reduces your quality of life. It is difficult to assign a dollar amount to pain and suffering, but it is possible.
- Loss Earnings – Your injuries might make you miss work. You shouldn’t have to suffer because another person’s negligence caused you arm. You attorney will help you calculate your lost wages.
- Futre Lost Earnings – Your injuries could be severe enough that they prevent you from performing your old job as well as you did in the past. These are wages that you counted on earning in the future. These lost wages will also be part of your claim if relevant.
- Punitive Damages – In some cases, the driver who hit you may have been grossly negligent and therefore responsible for punitive damage. A common example would be if the driver who hit was drunk when the accident occurred.
Other Types of Personal Injury Cases
Tittle & Perlmuter can help with a variety of personal injury cases. Some of the cases we work include:
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Bicycle Accidents
This is a small sampling of the types of cases we handle.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today
We’re ready to talk to you today. We’ll listen to the facts of your case and advise you on the best steps to take. For a free consultation, reach out today. Call 216-285-9991 today or reach out online.